Resources for Health Professionals
You Can Make a Difference!
As a health care provider, the treatment plans you create with your patients could help them prevent diabetes. This page offers resources to help you and your team work with patients who are at risk for diabetes.Find a Diabetes Prevention Program
Print the Watch for Diabetes, Prevent Type 2 Diabetes, and Know Your Numbers fliers and post in your lobby or distribute to patients. Click on the thumbnails above for full-sized copies.
- CDC Diabetes Prevention Recognition Program (DPRP)
- CDC DPRP Standards
- CDC National Diabetes Prevention Program
- Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) Medicare Diabetes Prevention Program (MDPP) final rule
- DiabetesFree NC Ads — Use these ads to raise awareness about Diabetes Prevention Programs in North Carolina
- Lifestyle Coach Summit (2017)
- Medicare Diabetes Prevention Program (MDPP) Supplier Requirements
- Medicare Requirements for Health Departments to Become Suppliers
- Medicare Diabetes Prevention Program (MDPP) in North Carolina Webinar
- Medicare Enrollment (for organizations)
- More Questions about MDPP? Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- National Diabetes Education Program
- National Plan & Provider Enumeration System (Apply for NPI)
- Prediabetes in North Carolina Fact Sheet
- Preventing Type 2 Diabetes Toolkit for Providers
- Prevent Diabetes STAT
- 2016 National Diabetes Prevention Program CPT Code: Background, Description and Frequently Asked Questions article
- USPSTF recommends screening for abnormal blood glucose for adults 40-70 years who do not have obvious symptoms of diabetes.
- USPSTF Final Diabetes Screening Guideline: Questions & Answers
- What is Prediabetes?