Resources for Diabetes Prevention Program Lifestyle Coaches
You are making a difference!
As a Diabetes Prevention Program (DPP) Lifestyle Coach or Program Coordinator, you are making a difference in the lives of your participants. This page offers you helpful resources specific to DPP in North Carolina.
Have questions about the DPP referral process?
Contact the DPP Navigators
Mon-Fri, 7am-7pm ET
NC DPP Resource Network
Complete this form to have your DPP class information included as an available option on the Find A Program Map.
To receive referrals for enrollment in your classes, complete this form to inform the DPP Navigator team of any updates on contact information, upcoming class dates and times, class modality (in person, combination, etc.), Spanish class availability, and other information.
Only the following information will be posted on the Find A Program Map:
- DPP Organization Name
- An Indicator for Free/Low Cost Class Options and/or Online Components Available
- Phone Number (Preferably Program Coordinator Direct Line)
- Webpage for Organization’s DPP Information (If Applicable)
DPP Statewide Quarterly Network Meetings
Educating and Supporting North Carolina’s Diabetes Prevention Programs (DPP)
The DPP Statewide Quarterly Network Meetings are coordinated by the NC Division of Public Health to provide technical assistance, DPP resources and to promote a statewide knowledge exchange platform for DPP lifestyle coaches and program coordinators.
2023 Meetings Dates
- Meeting dates TBD
Please visit the monthly e-newsletter for the Microsoft Teams link or email email@example.com for the calendar invitation.
Join the DPP Lifestyle Coach Network
The DPP Lifestyle Coach Network is for DPP Lifestyle Coaches and Program Coordinators of CDC-Recognized Organizations in North Carolina. Sign up to receive monthly newsletters, support for enrollment and program delivery, and information about Advanced Lifestyle Coach Training Webinars. If interested, please submit your email address here:
Resources for CDC-Recognized Organizations
- The 2021 Prevent T2 Curriculum
Review the English and Spanish Lifestyle Coach Guide and Participant Guide in a downloadable format. Both documents can be viewed as all 26 sessions combined or as individual modules.
Lifestyle Coach and Advanced Coach Training Entities
▶ Click here to see list
- Association of Diabetes Care & Education Specialists
- Black Women’s Health Imperative
- Diabetes Training and Technical Assistance Center*
- J Moss Foundation
- Magnolia Medical Training Group
- ProVention Health Foundation
- Solera Health
- State of Wellness
- CS-3 Temple University
- Touro University California Training
- Virginia Center for Diabetes Prevention and Education *Spanish training available
- ▶ Click here to see list
- The 2021 CDC Diabetes Prevention Recognition Program (DPRP) Standards & Operating Procedures
This revision of the DPRP Standards explains how an organization may apply for, earn, and maintain CDC recognition.
- CDC’s National DPP Customer Service Center
This website provides DPP coordinators and lifestyle coaches with easy access to information and resources about DPP. Here you can access training materials, toolkits, and videos, the latest DPRP Standards and Q&A forums with other CDC-recognized organizations.
- COVID-19 Support: Tips and Resources to Support Virtual Program Delivery
- Free Distance Learning Resources
- CDC National DPP Online Personal Success Tool: A Web-Based Resource for Lifestyle Coaches to Use
DPP Lifestyle Coach Network NewsletterMarch 2023 e-Newsletter
- Free Advanced Training: Charge Up the Change
- Free Advanced Training: IN SPANISH!: All Foods Can Fit
- Ask an Expert (AAE): Advancing Health Equity in the National DPP
- Free On-Demand Webinar
- CDC Ask An Expert: Advancing Health Equity in a DPP
- December 2022 e-Newsletter
- November 2022 e-Newsletter
- October 2022 e-Newsletter
- September 2022 e-Newsletter
- August 2022 e-Newsletter
- July 2022 e-Newsletter
- June 2022 e-Newsletter
- May 2022 e-Newsletter
- April 2022 e-Newsletter
- March 2022 e-Newsletter
- February 2022 e-Newsletter
- January 2022 e-Newsletter
- December 2021 e-Newsletter
- November 2021 e-Newsletter
- October 2021 e-Newsletter
- September 2021 e-Newsletter
- August 2021 e-Newsletter
- July 2021 e-Newsletter
- June 2021 e-Newsletter
- May 2021 e-Newsletter
- April 2021 e-Newsletter
- March 2021 e-newsletter
- February 2021 e-newsletter
- January 2021 e-newsletter